Monday, August 15, 2011

OPI Alpine Snow With Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Twinkle Twinkle

Well I was excited about this mani until I saw the macros, mama needs to start taking better care of those cuticles. I went on a road trip yesterday for a wedding, where I drove most of the distance and I wasn't able to moisturize so I am using that as my excuse.
This manicure is nice and clean with a fun little touch of sparkles. I have been wanting a nice palate cleanser for a while and OPI Alpine Snow couldn't have been more perfect, super easy application and barely any cleanup. It took three coats to cover fully but if you're careful you can do it in two. I topped it off with the last of my Poshe. When I went to the store to buy my Seche Vite, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Twinkle, Twinkle caught my eye and I decided I needed it. I had been wanting to try a accent nail and thought these two might be a match made in heaven and I was right. Twinkle, Twinkle is a blue glitter in a clear base with large hexagonal holographic glitters. The only thing I would change is the amount of glitter per brush stroke, the accent nails are 3 coats each of glitter and I would have continued but I didn't want to have a ton of polish on my nails it makes them too thick. I topped the glitter with my new Seche which dried super quick like promised and no tip pull so far. The smell might be enough to put some off it but the dry time and the ease of use were worth it in my book.
Enjoy this mani, I know I have (ignore the cuticles)

                                Indoors, artificial light



                                Outdoors, sunlight



                                           Closeup of thumb to show glitters


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment